Tuesday, August 16, 2011

footy

Before I really get started again, I just want to say that summer in Ontario has taken over all of my time! As much of an amazing experience that New Zealand and Australia was for me, I am glad to be back with my family and friends and familiar trees! Anyway, I will finish up telling you about the time that I spent with Steve in Australia and then the time that I spent finishing all of my projects and school things! 

One of the things that Alison and I had pre=planned for Steve's visit was to go see a footy game. Aussie Rules Football League (AFL) is a popular sport across Australia. Rugby is maybe a little more popular than AFL in New South Wales and Queensland though. The game that we saw was the Adelaide Crows against the Gold Coast Suns. Adelaide won after a slow start, but they were definitely encouraged by the home crowd. The stands were packed and the noise levels were high! The field is in the shape of an oval and is two hours long. The teams have to be in really good shape because its about two hours of running, jumping, kicking, and throwing. I describe the game as a mix between soccer, football, and rugby. Anyway, we had a beer and a strange hot dog and even were wearing some fan gear provided by Steve (Kemp). It was a really good time, but in all honestly, I prefer a good old hockey game!



No comments:

Post a Comment